7. December 28, Mlive.com – (Michigan) Crash involving semi results in fuel spill that closes southbound lanes of U.S. 131 near Pearl. A collision between a car and a semi truck caused a fuel spill that closed most lanes of U.S. 131 in Grand Rapids for more than 2 hours. Source: http://www.mlive.com/news/grand- rapids/index.ssf/2012/12/crash_involving_semi_results_i.html
8. December 28, Associated Press – (Alabama) Fuel tanker overturns, leaks fuel on I- 65 in Ala. Transportation officials closed Interstate 65 in both directions after a truck carrying 8,500 gallons of fuel overturned and leaked in Birmingham. Source: http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/national/Fuel-tanker-overturns-leaks-fuel-on- I65-in-Ala_61890915
9. December 28, Twin Falls Times-News – (Idaho) Multiple vehicles collide, slide off interstate. Idaho Transportation Department officials closed a 25-mile span of Interstate 84 near Burley for 6 hours due multiple crashes and slideoffs caused by black ice-covered roads and foggy driving conditions. Source: http://magicvalley.com/news/local/mini-cassia/multiple-vehicles-collide-slide- off-interstate/article_d9919fde-5041-11e2-aadb-0019bb2963f4.html
Postal and Shipping Sector
10. December 28, WTVT 13 Tampa Bay – (Florida) Christmas card thief hits St. Pete post office. Additional mailboxes were targeted and broken into at a post office in St. Petersburg, a few days after hundreds of residential mailboxes were forced open by thieves in the nearby town of Riverview. Source: http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/20438350/2012/12/28/christmas-card- thief-hits-st-pete-post-office
11. December 27, KSKA 91.1 FM Anchorage – (Alaska) Law enforcement looking for leads on mailbox theft. The U.S. Postal Service was investigating and offering a reward for a man who is believed to be responsible for stealing mail collection boxes around Anchorage since December 19. Source: http://www.alaskapublic.org/2012/12/27/law-enforcement-looking-for-leads- on-mailbox-theft/ Agriculture and Food Sector
12. December 28, Food Safety News – (National) Smoked salmon recalled for Listeria potential. Tampa Bay Fisheries, Inc. issued a voluntary recall of its 12 oz. and 1.25 lb. smoked salmon packs, sold nationwide at Walmart and Sam’s Club, because the product may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. Source: http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2012/12/smoked-salmon-recalled-for-listeria- potential-2/#.UN2iiOTAfGs
13. December 28, The Blood-Horse – (Illinois) Hawthorne EHV-1 quarantine could be lifted in January. A horse at Hawthorne Race Course that tested positive for equine herpesvirus (EHV-I) died December 24, extending a quarantine that could be lifted January 10, 2013 if Illinois State Veterinarian test results clear the rest of the horses at the track where seven horses have died since the outbreak began. Source: http://www.thehorse.com/articles/31138/hawthorne-ehv-1-quarantine-could- be-lifted-in-january
Emergency Services Sector
19. December 28, Associated Press – (New Jersey) 3 officers hurt in shooting at NJ police station. Three officers were shot by a man in custody before he was shot and killed by police in a New Jersey police station December 28. Source: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/12/28/3750787/3-officers-hurt-inshooting-at.html
20. December 27, WBBM 2 Chicago – (Illinois) Apparent Norovirus outbreak hits Stateville. About 140 inmates at the Stateville Correctional Center in Illinois were sickened with what authorities believe is the Norovirus. Samples were sent to the State lab and officials are awaiting results. Source: http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/12/27/apparent-norovirus-outbreak-hits- stateville/
California Aviation Alliance: Airport News List E-mail
Sent by AviaEd@netscape.net – Lorena de Rodriguez on behalf of CAA subscribers. Add your comments to these stories realtime online at http://aviaed.wordpress.com/.
To subscribe or unsubscribe to the Airport News List, send an email, from the email account you wish to receive or discontinue CAA posts on, addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org and place only the following in the first line of the body of the message: Subscribe airport YourFirstName YourLastName YourJobTitle YourAirport/Company
Manage your CAA subscriptions with the user friendly Mail List Administration database. You’ll find it at: http://californiaaviation.org/cal/index.cfm
Contact email@example.com with problems with your subscription.